First...Cheese
Gruyère, Switzerland
We visited the "fromagerie" where they make the world famous "Gruyère" cheese.
This is where they store the cheese. It looks like FORT KNOX for cheese!
http://www.lamaisondugruyere.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134&Itemid=247(This is the link to the Factory!)
Now...Chocolate!
Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory in Broc, Switzerland
What I learned at this glorious "maison" is François-Louis Cailler was a genius! I have been to Hershey, PA and tasted our famous American chocolate and...SWISS RULE! You can't replicate this chocolate...only embrace it!
At the end of the tour you are greeted by "all you can consume" chocolate! You can seriously only partake of so much of this rich, creamy chocolate. I must admit...I shied away from the "Feminina" named chocolates because it seemed sexist. After watching my girls eyes light up, I caved and partook. Not only did I LOVE these chocolates, I made Shawn buy a box at the end of the tour!
http://www.cailler.ch/en/Chocolaterie/Information.aspx
No comments:
Post a Comment